“Drink Water…your skin, your hair, your mind, and your body will thank you.”
The benefits are many:
- Water increases your brain power & energy level
- Water flushes out toxins
- Water improves your digestion
- Water increases your metabolism (in other words, helps you lose weight)
- Water improves your complexion (Your free anti-aging remedy!)
- Water boosts your immune system
- Water keeps your joints lubricated
- Water helps relieve and prevent headaches
My 2 favorite health resources and what they say about water:
Ok, so you more than likely know these benefits and you know you should drink more water, but why aren’t you? I’m sure you can come up with plenty of reasons why you don’t but the bottom line is you NEED to drink more water. NO EXCUSES! I know, I know change is hard, right? But you know how quickly you can change? In an instant!!!!
MY TIPS, SO YOU BEGIN DRINKING MORE WATER TODAY:
Set your intention. Commit to yourself that you will drink ___ glasses today. Then hold that commitment to yourself and do it!
- I suggest a 32 oz. stainless steel bottle. Fill it up and know that when it’s finished, that’s 4/ 8oz. glasses! Fill it up again and that’s a total of 64 oz. How cool is that?
- Pay attention to your urine. Yes, you will be in the bathroom more but don’t put any meaning to that besides you have filled up your bladder and it needs to be emptied. Aim for light yellow to clear.
- You don’t like the taste of water? Add a natural flavor to it that makes you enjoy the taste like, a squeeze of lemon or lime, slices of cucumber, or a few slices of low glycemic fruit such as blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, or grapefruit.
- Lastly, celebrate your accomplishment then do it tomorrow! Keep doing it until one day it is no longer something you have to make an effort to do. It is now a part of who you are, a healthier version of your former self.